NYAO, Ep: 063 – Tony Senior and the Tender Warrior Part 1
Tony Senior is a rare kind of person. Open to life and willing to share, but without a hint of condescension. Wise and experienced, and yet still curious and full of a desire to hear all about you. This week’s conversation is a very special one. We are joined by Tony Snr- father of our former guest and friend Doctor Tony. Tony Snr has another two children who are also underway in a career in the health services- a nurse practitioner and second year medical student. He also has a successful marriage of over 35 years to his beautiful wife Louise, and also has an active career as a small business owner.
The opportunity to hear from someone who has built an amazingly fulfilling life; someone who has never stopped learning and reading; and someone with a track record in the parts of life that at the end of the day are the most important ones;- opportunities like this don’t come along every day.
Tony Snr moved to America at the age of 18 months from Italy, and built his life from the ground up based on timeless principles and hard work. Tony joins your team to discuss Stu Weber’s famous book “Tender Warrior”, and this episode will form the first part of a series based on questions from its pages.
This warm conversation touches on:
• A succinct definition of leadership as it applies at work, in the family, or in a community.
• Are you delivering on the picture you sold your partner on at the beginning of your relationship?
• Father and Mother as the first superheroes for their children
• What is it all really about? What is it all really for?
• The challenge of establishing an accountability holder who can call you out when you inevitably fall short.
We hope you enjoy this conversation as much as we did. Please let us know if you have questions you would like to hear Tony Snr answer in our next installment, and consider sharing this out into your community if you feel there is something helpful here.
Paul “Melon” McFadden
Raf “Tio” Espinosa
LISTEN IN ON: