Ep: 003 -Army Officer and Military Combat Veteran Creates Organization to Prevent Veteran Suicide
Episode 03: Ellsworth “Tony” Williams – Colonel, United States Army (1979-1986; 1989-2007)
Tony Williams is a retired combat veteran who served 24 years, active duty in the United States Army; 8 years enlisted and 16 years commissioned.
Tony is the current President and Founder of Veterans Counseling Veterans, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization out of Tampa Bay, FL.
It aims at serving two primary functions:
– (1) provide military veterans the option to select behavioral health providers with military experience
– (2) provide a place for military veterans and spouses of military veterans in behavioral health field to collaborate, share ideas, network and advocate for those who share the same military experiences.
After his time in the service came to a close, he decided to rededicate his service to the U.S by obtaining a Masters Degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Troy University. He continues to serve the community through counseling and mentoring Vets and non-Vets alike.
In this interview we discuss:
– Service after sacrifice
– Military Veteran mental health issues
– Veteran suicide
– How to overcome mental health issues and create a life worth living
You can find out more about Tony’s endeavors at the links below:
I would like to thank our sponsors:
- Anthony Kovic of the Tampa Post
- Adam Bird of Heroes Media Group
- Angel Francisco of SMarketing
Please like and share this interview — and don’t forget to subscribe to the official YouTube Channel of Vetting America!